Sickness Certificates (fit notes)

You do not require a doctor's sickness certificate for any illness lasting seven calendar days or less. Your employer may however require you to complete a self-certification form (SC2) which is available from our Reception desk or on the HMRC website.

If you are sick for more than seven calendar days, your employer can ask you to give them some form of medical evidence to support payment of SSP (statutory sick pay). This would normally be in the form of a Sickness Certificate (Fit Note) which you can request from the GP who has been treating you during your illness.

If you need your sick note for longer, you can request an extension either by calling us on 01244 564319 or submitting a request through the eConsult website:

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website