PPG Projects Fund
The Patient Participation Group regularly raise money for non-essential enhancements in the surgery, and to donate to local good causes. Fundraisers take place primarily at Easter and Christmas.
The money raised goes into the Patient Participation Group Projects Fund.
What has the PPG Projects Fund been used for so far?
- The Fund was used to buy a children's table and chair set for the waiting room, to make the environment more comfortable for our younger patients.
- The Fund was used to buy new emergency 'crash' bag for the Practice, to make sure that our clinical staff can respond to emergencies within the building quickly, and with the equipment they need to provide life-saving care to our patients. (shared with Northgate Medical Centre)
- The Fund was used to donate £50 to West Cheshire Foodbank - visit www.westcheshire.foodbank.org.uk for information on the help they provide for local people in need.
- The Fund was used to buy a new Doppler probe for use with larger limbs. A Doppler test assesses the blood supply in legs, and is performed on people who have leg ulcers and may require compression dressings or stockings.
- The Fund was used to buy a set of scales accessible to wheelchair users and those less able to stand. (shared with Northgate Medical Centre)
What's lined up next for the PPG Projects Fund?
We are currently looking to purchase something to improve the waiting area. If you have any suggestions, please get in touch!
The PPG knit small teddy bears for our younger patients who are sick or distressed. The PPG Projects Fund is used to buy wool to knit the teddies with.
If you are interested in knitting, and would like to take part, please ask for a kit at the front desk.
Following discussions with the PPG, an open donation box was introduced for patients and staff to donate good quality items for the patients at St Werburgh's Medical Practice for the Homeless in March 2017.
We have been touched by the number of donations received, and thank everyone who brought something in. St Werburgh's now have a good stockpile of items to give to their patients, and so donations to them have been put on hold.
From June 2019 the donation box in the waiting area will be used to give donations to the local Share Aid shop, whose Homeless Hub gives out toiletries and clothes to homeless people every day. Donations will also be made to the West Cheshire Foodbank.
Acceptable items for donation include:
- Shower gel
- Other assorted toiletries
- Sanitary products
- Unused clothing
If you would like to donate an item, please just bring it in with you when you next visit the Surgery and put your donation in the box.
The PPG Projects Fund may be used to sporadically buy items for the donation box.